1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio levels going up and down

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sensiie, Jan 17, 2005.

1. sensiie

sensiie Member

About a week ago I started noticing that while I was playing gta sa, burnout 3 or need for speed underground 2(or what seemed like any backup game I threw at it)
    The audio levels of the music sound effects etc would decrease to a very low level, and after a small period of time it would revert to the proper audio level.

The pS2 is getting on in years, and before the audio level issue, playback of any games had begun to seem more noisy then before, never have recieved the DRE even in gta SA. Not sure if the 2 issues are connected but it does seem odd.

I had seen some posts about replacing the laser or laser arm of the ps2. I thought possibly the audio levels going in and out was possibly a laser issue and that the noise might be that my laser arm is foobared or that it needs some lube.

Any suggestions help would be much appreciated.

2. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

take it apart and see what it looks like in there. Its a learning experience in the least and the only thing you may screw up is your power eject cable. So just be careful with that.

If the guide arms are worn you can loosen the 2 screws holding them in and rotate them 180 degrees, then re-lube and you should be good.