1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio mastering software!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by slick50, Dec 17, 2004.

1. slick50

slick50 Guest

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but i am looking to edit my bands recordings. mostly live. but i use a recording device in the basement. some times we get the levels right but often we dont. anyway, does anyoe out there have a reliable "cheap" pice of software to do this? i priced some software. it ran up a cost in excess of 1000 U.S. dollars. the titles were "cubase" and "ttrack". as we are poor and play reggae we really need a more cost effective way to do this. thx for any input!!!!

2. slick50

slick50 Guest

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I've heard of a free editor called Audacity, but never tried it. If you want to do quality editing, you gotta shell out the dough unfortunately. I don't know how you guys record, but a pretty affordable way to go is to set yourself up with a Pro Tools system. Its the industry standard audio recording/editing system, and it absolutely kicks ass. I've used it for about 6 years now. I teach it at a college, and I also record with it in a studio. For under $500 you can get an MBOX, which gives you 2 channels in/out of 24 bit audio, as well as SPDIF ins/outs. It connects via USB 1.1 to either a WinXP system, or a Mac OS X 10.2+ system. Pro Tools LE 6.4 is included, which can support up to 32 tracks of audio. Its a very very nice system, and a bargain for the price. It supports tons of plugins, and is very flexible.