1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio missing with DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by tater64, Mar 5, 2007.

1. tater64

tater64 Member

i followed the guide for burning a dvd folder to a dvdr using dvd decrypter. it went through with no errors, i checked the "validate after write" box and it had no qualms to speak of. but when i play it theres missing audio from certain chapters. the ones that work have great audio and visual quality. i doulble checked with a different movie and it did the same thing, just with different chapters. can you use dvd decrypter for dvd-9's. i dunno if this particular movie is dvd-5 or 9. if any one has an idea please help

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

First of all I'd say update to ImgBurn for burning, especially for DL. ImgBurn is the updated burning software from DVD Decrypter. It's by the same author, Lightning UK. It has its own website, http://www.imgburn.com/ . If the content of your movie is less than 4.37GB it's a DVD5, more and it's a DVD9. Depending on whether you want 1:1 ratio would determine software to be used before the burn process according to content size.

3. tater64

tater64 Member

i tried the same thing with the updated version and it did the exact same thing. so then i played the .ISO file on my compuiter with dvd decoder. the audio was messed in that file. is there something i can do to ensure a better quality ISO file?

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

First off some info would be helpful. What is your source, a DVD, downloaded AVI files? You never said, so we don't know. Are you using DVD Decrypter to rip into ISO? That's questionable on newer DVDs. At this point all we know is you tried to burn a flawed ISO to DVD. At that stage you've diagnosed your own problem, error in-error out.

We need to know where you are getting the movie (DVD or downloads) and what the content size is. DVD Decrypter is for DVD5, so plan on setting it aside for other use, but for doing movies I suggest you be ready to use other software. If a quality freeware burner is needed, use ImgBurn. There's enough quality freeware to do most DVD movie backups. We need to know more than you tried to burn an ISO of unknown origin.

5. tater64

tater64 Member

sory for the lack of info. i ripped a dvd with dvd decrypter then used folder2iso to create iso image. after that i used imgburn to burn the dvd. ive tried this a few times and i got it to work once, but all othertimes have been failures

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

It's time to step up in the world. The option I suggest still uses Decrypter, but as part of another program. Use RipIt4Me to rip your files. Use the 1-Click rip mode. Do not use the ISO option in Rip Mode. The files will open in DVD Shrink when you use the 1-Click mode. If you want to use DVD Shrink to transcode to DVD5 you only need to go ahead and use Shrink as it would normally be used. Select Create ISO and burn with ImgBurn as the target option when you click Backup. If burning DL or if the files already fit DVD5, close Shrink and use the files on the hard drive. ImgBurn in Build mode creates the ISO for burning and you can select Device under Output and the ISO will be burned. Use the software from this all in one installer. Personally I don't use Menushrink, but some people like saving that last byte. The Shrink in this version supports ImgBurn (the original supports DVD Decrypter burner ware).
    http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=aioinstallers&showtopic=7

RipIt4Me AIO
    http://www.snapdrive.net/files/60656/download/AIO_v3.0.zip

imgburn
    http://imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  7. tater64

tater64 Member

thanks alot, ill give it a shot

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007