1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio on Spiderman 3 ps2 skips

Discussion in 'PS2' started by aikaudio, May 22, 2007.

1. aikaudio

aikaudio Member

I burned an .iso of Spiderman 3 on DVD for the ps2. The game pretty much runs okay ( a few pauses here and there) but the audio starts skipping every few seconds. What can I do to fix this?

2. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

Probably you did'nt use a good media.
    My burns work as good as ORIGINALS.
    I burn wid UlrtaISO @4x with Sony Media.
    Ori t maybe your PS2s laser which is wearing out.

3. douglasII

douglasII Member

I have had this same problem with multiple games. I use the same media (Sony-purchased at Target) for all my games and some seem to work flawlessly and others are very buggy. One that I am playing right now is Superman Returns and it sounds exactly like your Spiderman 3. I have tried to vary the speed that I burn the ISO at, I have also tried other media, and i have tried to play the burned game on a different PS2, but it is the same. I am wondering if maybe the games that have issues, are a different format or something weird like that. Does anyone have any thoughts? Games I have noticed that have had issues are: Need for Speed: Carbon, Superman Returns, Disney Cars, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Lego Star Wars I & II, and Call of Duty 2.

4. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

I Don't know why but I also d/l SPIDER-MAN 3 it worked fine for me SMOOTH and Flawless.
    I have v16 with D.M.S 4 clone.
    It may be b'coz yours PS2s are older and Lasers are worning out.

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  5. douglasII

douglasII Member

if it is the laser wearing out, then why does it only do it with some games and not others? could this have something to do with the detail of the game (like with disney cars, everything worked until you drove into the dirt and all of the dust particles started flying, the game would freeze trying to load them) or maybe the read rate that the game is intended to run at (i.e. the game is suppose to run at 16X and I burned it at 12X or visca versa)? or the other thing I thought it might be, is that i use swap magic instead of a hardware mod. does anyone know if there are any slow loading issues known to be associated with swap magic?

6. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

Yes its becuase PS2 is not able to read the DATA as fast as it needs to run the game smoothly. This used to happen with me with Burnout Revenge when I used to speedyup the game would FREEZE randomly and start after a while. It is likely that it's laser that is wearing out or You did'nt burn it properly.