1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio or sound is cracky or distorted/scratchy or rubbish

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by XLR83r, Feb 2, 2010.

1. XLR83r

XLR83r Guest

I dont have no idea whats the problem!!!!! I only know that the softwares are ok and check every driver and still ok, but I dont know about the hardware.... I am not good with hardware...

Well the problem is that the audio or the sound is very scratchy or distorted... even playing windows media player or playing video on youtube.com is very distorted.... I checked every sound driver in dxdiag..... and all my driver in the sound card is updated... but still i dont know whats the problem...... so I assume thats the hardware is different but I dont where to start....

2. lubricant

lubricant Guest

check your eq levels, mixer (speaker icon in taskbar) settings, and volume on your speakers or amp. let us know :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2010
  3. gogekki

gogekki Member

How many speakers do you have. I ask because say that you have 5.1 speakers and your settings are for 2.1 you may get distorted audio. also double check that the audio jacks from the speaker are plugged in correctly, a loose or mismatched jack will also distort the audio.

4. jony218

jony218 Guest

Another thing you can try to rule out a hardware problem is to bootup with a linux livecd and see if you still have distorted sound.