1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Out Of Sync (In Spots) With Nero 7

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by statl, Feb 5, 2007.

1. statl

statl Member

I am using the Nero 7 Suite software that came with my Sony External DVD Writer. For the most part, I am taking DVD-RAM recordings made in a Panasonic recorder and transfering them to DVD-Rs.

By copying the VRO file to my hard drive and changing the extension to MPG, I have been able to copy these files onto a DVD-R. However, I ran into a problem yesterday. Using the "Make Movie" function of Nero Vision, I burned a project onto a Maxell DVD-RW (Ritekw01). About half an hour in, the audio was not quite in synch with the video. It was only off about half a second, and it corrected itself in about two minutes.

I then saved the project as a disc image, then burned it on to a TDK DVD-R (TTG 02) with the same result. (Audio out of synch in the same place). If I play the project on my computer, the audio is perfectly synched. However if I play either disc in my computer (or one of my DVD players), the audio gets out of synch in the same spot.

One more thing, the TDK DVD-R will not play in my Panasonic DVD recorder, although other TDKs have played fine.

Does anyone have a solution that would not involve purchasing additonal software?

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

If you were burning the files using the 2 pass method in NV4, you might try the single pass method.

You might try change the audio mode to see if it helps.

NV4 has had many comments about audio being out of sync. It might just depend on what type file you are using, or how it was encoded, but I haven't seen a definite answer.

I believe most folks that have an audio sync problem end up converting them with something else, like ConvertX prior to adding to NV4.