1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio out of sync

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by houlden30, Dec 4, 2002.

1. houlden30

houlden30 Guest

can any one help!! every time i encode dvd film audio out of sync. new to all this what is the bitrate as well many thanks

2. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

This is the one and *only* issue which prevents me from re-encoding (reducing bitrate where necessary with ReMpeg or TMPEGEnc, or whatever), every dvd ever made that I want to backup, to fit on ONE dvd blank.

I would suffer the 24+ hour encoding period.
    I would suffer the miniscule loss in screen resolution.
    I would suffer using any/all of the different softwares to accomplish this.
    I would suffer the piecemeal, one-step-at-a-time approach to accomplish this.

End Result:

ANY DVD on Earth = 1 blank dvd.

The A/V sync issue has forever *dashed* any hopes of my ever accomplishing this. I have worked out, through countless eons of testing, encoding, re-encoding, re-re-re-testing, burning, splitting, ripping, praying, crying, installing, updating, adjusting parameters, checking/dechecking options, ..... yet unless I am willing to test rip/encode/split/rejoin audio/video streams every second of every day from now until I leave this mortal coil, then...

It's just not worth it.

A/V sync problems, prevailent on nearly every dvd you hold in your hands has killed all willingness on my part to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageously sloppy commercial dvd-mastering, and the incompetent boobs hired to create these expensive circular disasters.

I have therefore given up all hope of ever reliably, consistently, predictably, (or even sporadically) creating a useable dvd backup with anywhere near the simplicity and dependability of being able to make a pefect clone of a red-book music cd. It just-ain't-never-gonna-happen.

Thanks, A/V f###-ups. You are single-handedly more effective than any copy-protection scheme ever invented.

If dvdxcopy <or *any* other like-minded program> doesn't get to where I want it to be (simple, reliable, foolproof, dependable, and repeatable, such as making *perfect* clones of dvds under 4.36 megs with DVD-Decrypter's ISO function), I positively refuse to invest the time I have been investing, until something evolutionary or revolutionary takes place - i.e. : The emergence and widespread acceptance of blue-laser technology, which I pray, with it's *scads* of recordable real-estate, won't come with severe Digital Rights Management Enforcements, and other hideous User-Restrictions, so that you and I may *finally* do a straight-disc-to-disc transfer. Yes, I'll gladly pay for a (fair, reasonably-priced) NEW blue-laser standalone table-top player.

I apologize, houlden30, for not being able to solve your a/v problems. I cannot even solve all of my own. This message simply serves as a painfully-arrived-at "heads-up" in letting you know ahead of time that you never will. I hope it will save you the misery it has caused me. Sorry for the letdown.

(You *will* get *some* of your backups to have proper a/v sync, but never-never count on it. For me, "some" just doesn't cut it. "Some" is not enough).

I think I'll drag my Sony VHS machine out of the closet now until blue-laser gets here.

-- A_Klingon --

3. bobby5411

bobby5411 Guest

I use 2 methods. For over 4500meg (dvd 9) disks use simple dvd ripping method. for dvd less than 4500 meg i use a direct rip method. If you email me i can send you the instructions. They are easy to read with pics of the exact settings and will allow you to have a great copy of your purchased dvd movie. The instructions are too big to post here is why I say email me for them.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2002
  4. houlden30

houlden30 Guest

what is your e-mail address

5. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

Uh-oh.

You'd better post any personal email addresses as a PM (Private Message), not in the open here, or else you'll_be_thorry !

-- mgb --