1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio out of sync

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by senrabm, Feb 3, 2007.

1. senrabm

senrabm Guest

I am trying to convert avi to dvd using AVI2DVD, but when I try to use the burnt DVD, the audio is out of sync. The avi file plays perfectly through the computer. Am I doing something wrong? Cheers

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hello.

Is the audio in sync when playing the burned DVD back on the PC drive or just out of sync on the standalone?

Give ConvertXtoDVD a try. The trial version has watermarked output but you'll be able to determine whether Nero's conversion is the problem for your file. ConvertX seems to be a better converter than Nero.

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

Another solution is to just buy a standalone that also plays divx/avi format. That'll solve your conversion problems permanently. They cost about the same as a regular player on sale. I know there is a Philips at CC for 40$US this week.

Out of sync problems can also be caused by a bad quality burn. Is your burner firmware up to date? Are you using good quality disks like Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, and Made in Japan labeled Fuji and Sony? Are you burning at half or less the rated speed of the media? Do you keep your disk defragmented? Do you multitask while burning, a no-no?