1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio playback problems after successful burn

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Marco666, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Marco666

Marco666 Guest

I just burned a video using Nero 5.5.9 onto a DVD+R. It plays fine on the dvd-burner, but when played through a Pioneer DVD player the audio cuts in and out. Any ideas what the problem may be?

2. gundo181

gundo181 Member

I'm experiencing similar difficulties, although I also have some artifact problems as well. I think my problem is with my choice of media, and the bitrates I used to encode my DVD.

Though I"m far from certain, I believe that cheaper media (when it does play at all) is more difficult to read, and has a lower maximum bandwidth. Encoding at lower bitrates might help to alleviate the problem, but I think better media is the best fix. I've got some new stuff on order, we'll see how it works out.

Also... this is a longshot, but if you're encoding audio in a PCM format it might cause skipping during playback. This audio format requires a high transfer bandwidth during playback, much higher than the standard MPEG audio format. For some reason ULead DVD Workshop recommends authoring using PCM audio, which I believe caused some problems for me.

3. Marco666

Marco666 Guest

I retried the burn using DVDit, and it worked. I also tried to burn it will a trial version of DVD Workshop and still got choppy audio. I noticed they had a patch, but I didn't install it. DVDit works for me.