1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio preview and cropping in dvd-lab

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by hersnab, Feb 3, 2005.

1. hersnab

hersnab Member

I want to convert my .mov files (from a digital camera) to DVD, the only problem is all video converters I know of wont convert audio. Ok I'll rip the audio from the original file with cool edit and sync it in DVD-lab, only DVD-lab doesn't preview audio and video!!! Why? I either have to get the rip spot on and perfectly in sync or convert .MOV to .AVI or something windows movie maker will accept and mix the sound in THEN convert the .WMV to mpeg 2 just to split them up again!!! Doh, there has to be another way?
    1. Am I missing something, can I preview audio with video in DVD-lab and sync the audio to video?
    2. Is there a easier way round the problem if I can't achieve the above? (i.e. something that converts audio aswell video from .MOV files)

I use Radvideo tools, winAVI, DVD-lab pro and windows movie maker.

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Tmpgenc with the quicktime plugin will directly convert .mov to .mpg (mpeg-2), including audio.
    You can then edit in something like Cuttermaran, or let DVDLab crop the ending (if that's all you need).

3. hersnab

hersnab Member

Sweet, thanks Rebootjim!