1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio problem, 5.1 sound system not working

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by drpal, Apr 20, 2004.

1. drpal

drpal Member

Hello all,

I have the next problem, and I hope that someone will help me :eek:)

I have a creative 5.1 sound system, an Intel 865PERL motherboard + on board 6 chanel soundblaster.
    The 5.1 sound system workes fine with winamp or any other program, but when I use my Leadtek Winfast TV2000 Expert tv tunner I get only a 2.1 sound (only the front speakers are working), I have connected the audio lin-out from the tv_tunner to the AUX lin-in plug from the motherboard.

If someone know this problem, please give me hint, beacuse I don't know what could I do.
    Thanks, Pavel.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Most if not all capture software will only capture in Mono or Sterio and that is it, your Sound Card might have 5.1 sound but the Capture software is only captureing Sterio....
    So what can you do about it?? Well Really you can"t do anything, It wouldn"t be real Surround Sound Anyways it is Just emulated...
    After Captureing the Sterio Files you could allways demux the audio from the Captured File and convert the sterio audio into Dolby 5.1 surround sound which is the same format on DVD"s so if you were createing a DVD from this captured file you wouldn"t have to encode the Audio.....Well good Luck

3. drpal

drpal Member

Hello,

Thanks for the info... but I'm not interested in the reaplay, the replay works fine with an emulated 5.1, my problem is that while i'm watching live the tv only 2 speakers do work..... ist,t it possible to get a software wich emulates the stereo or mono sound into 5.1?

thank you,pavel.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well Like I said you can Convert the Stereo to 5.1 Surround before authoring it to DVD...What I use for this is "Vegas Video 4" with the DVD architect Package and the Surround Sound Plugin which will convert any sterio File into Dolby 5.1 and then when you create the DVD from this 5.1 Dolby AC3 file it would work as Dolby Surround on your System.....Cheers

5. drpal

drpal Member

Hello,

Does this work live? I'm intrested to wacth the TV and to hear sound from all speakers, is there a plugin or something that emulates "realtime" live the sound from any chanel into 5.1?

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well all I can think of is to play arround with your Speaker settings in your Controll Pannel but I do not think there is Much you can do...sorry

7. bondy65

bondy65 Member

hi, message for drpal, i have the same problem as you, any ideas yet or have you gave up?

8. drpal

drpal Member

Hello,

Hmmmm, i have forgot it...
    I have spoken to the guys from Leadtek they say that, the problem comes from the audio board. I think in case that I buy a separate audio card, like creative 5.1 it should work.