1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Problems after ripping

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by JZEITEL, Dec 16, 2002.

1. JZEITEL

JZEITEL Guest

After ripping the VOD files (using SmartRipper)and converted them using DVDtoAVI, I got a WAV file with a lot of noise and almost no audio on it. Any idea? Suggestions? I tried several times (44 and 48Khz) and same result. Thanks.

2. framerman

framerman Regular member

What are you trying to create? A new dvd, or svcd, etc. I'm curious as to why you would want a wav file. I know if you rip with the ac3 file in dvd2avi, you can then use BeSweet to transcode the ac3 to almost any audio format you want. I have had that similar noise in wav, it's an awful racket.

3. JZEITEL

JZEITEL Guest

I'm trying to to create a SVCD and just a regular CD with the audio. The DVD is from a live show and have Dolby 5.1 and stereo audio options. After using dvd2avi I got a 1.5GB WAV file with noise, but I could get a AC3 (300MB) with excellent audio. After converting the AC3 to MP3 or Wav using BeSweet I got an audio file with very low volume and very low quality, not usefull. Any idea? or Suggestions?

4. framerman

framerman Regular member

I recorded U2 from Boston in the same way you described. vob, dvd2avi, ac3 to mp3 in besweet. It came out real nice. Perfect audio. You do need to transcode it from 48 to 44 for the mp3 file. Did you strip all the audio files except the one you want in ifoedit? I don't know if that will help or not. What are all your audio settings under the audio menu in dvd2avi? Did you use one of the mp3 default settings in the upper right corner of BeSweet?