1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Problems on Some DVD players after VHS DVD transfer

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by RastaCruz, Dec 21, 2004.

1. RastaCruz

RastaCruz Member

hi everyone, i've having an issue when i transfer from VHS to DVD. The DVD's work fine on many dvd players (sony, toshiba) but seem to consistently have problems in panasonics and maybe others. what i've noticed is that the video will be fine, but the audio will cut in and out at intervals of about 1/2 second. here's my transfer procedure. maybe someone can figure out what i'm doing wrong.

-Source tapes played in Mitsubishi SVHS Vcr HS-U61 (s-video and rca audio output) to:
    -Sony Digital 8 camcorder DCR-TRV103 (16bit, stereo) to:
    -Belkin Firewire card
    -Record to PC with Adobe Premiere 6.5 Movie Capture(DV Standard 48kHz, Microsoft DV compressor, 720x480, 29.97) uncompressed AVI
    -Mpeg2 conversion using TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 (DVD NTSC 4:3, 720x480, 29.97, VBR PCM audio)
    -TMPGEnc produces two files: filename.m2v and filename.wav
    -dragged these video and audio files into DVDLab for authoring.
    -Compiled DVD
    -Burned resulting VideoTS folder with Nero Burning Rom 6.3.0.2 DVD Video option.

i'm fairly new at all this stuff, but did a good amount of research before beginning the project. maybe someone can explain what i might be doing wrong. i hope it's not a DVDLab thing, because i really like its semi-professional options like the menus, slide shows and background music. any help would be greatly appreciated.

rasta

2. maraya

maraya Member

Rasta

3. maraya

maraya Member

Rasta,

I had a similiar problem with audio drop out but that spots were not in the same place. I use verbatims and pretty rock steady and burn them at 4x at the most but what I found out that a lot of players don't play DVD-r and +r on the older models, and, if you burn DVD's at a lowwer speed that should help you out. I hope that helps you...

-Maraya

4. maraya

maraya Member

Rasta,

I had a similiar problem with audio drop out but that spots were not in the same place. I use verbatims and pretty rock steady and burn them at 4x at the most but what I found out that a lot of players don't play DVD-r and +r on the older models, and, if you burn DVD's at a lowwer speed that should help you out. I hope that helps you...

-Maraya

5. RastaCruz

RastaCruz Member

maraya, thanks for your tips. the audio drop outs are consistent at about a 1/2 second interval on the players that it fails on. i've tried some 2004 model panasonics with the same result, while other burned dvd's i have from other sources play just fine on those same machines. i've also tried different media.

so, i think it has something to do with my transfer, encoding or dvd compiling procedure. maybe i've got some setting wrong somewhere in the process. but, thanks again for your suggestions. i'm open to any other advice.

rasta