1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ecushorty, Apr 28, 2005.

1. ecushorty

ecushorty Member

hey! im kinda new to this whole dvd burning thing, but ive actually managed to do two so far. now i am running into a problem with my audio. its not just on one particular movie (downloaded movies), as ive had this problem on three different movies so far. i am converting my files with divxtodvd and then running them through dvdshrink before burning them with nero vision express. (thanks everyone on this website who helped me get that far!) after i burn the dvd and put it in the dvd player to see if it works, there is no audio on the dvd at all. what am i doing wrong and how can i fix it? any help would be appreciated!

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

does the film play on the pc ok? if it does then do you ned to sort the audio controls on the standalone to play ac3?

just a thought?

3. ecushorty

ecushorty Member

when i play the original files i downloaded, the sound is fine. but when i preview the converted files on nero express, there is no sound.

"if it does then do you ned to sort the audio controls on the standalone to play AC3?"

sorry, i dont really know what you mean by that. im new at this and really dont have a clue what im doing!

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ok it could be a few things, have you installed any codec packs? just cos you can hear it play from download means you have the one codec, but to encode you need another codec...

use GSPOT load the file and it will tell you all info about sound and audio and whats there...and it will tell me what type of file you got, write as much info here as pos...

also take the burnt dvd and look at the folders on it find video_ts and click a vob and see if it plays with sound! come to that did you play the film on your pc? and is nero set to correct audio eg: 2 channel or 5.1 or mono, it could be anything?

also try loading a vob from dvdr to gspot see if audio is there? or a simpler app for this part use avicodec and list all 3 lines of info here

standalones are like nero are you listening to 5.1 and your dvdr is 2 channel stereo? or mono?