1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio question!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sadsac, Feb 22, 2005.

1. gerard514

gerard514 Regular member

If the movies i am playing are 5.1 then that means i should still get the true 5.1 sound>?

2. brobear

brobear Guest

I needed to redo my last post. I was actually browsing the soundmax site. The 5.1 sound output is optional for the soundmax. So you need to check support if your paperwork doesn't say you have the option for 5.1 surround output. If you do have it, there should be some way to switch, in your software probably, to move between the output of your PC to output for an entertainment system (unless it sends both signals simultaneously and the one through the cable is supposed to be 5.1 all the time). As I said, it may be a good idea to contact support on this one. Me, I think I'll stick to sound cards.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2005
  3. brobear

brobear Guest

SiSoftware has a program named Sandra. It's an analysis and test software. I have the full version, but they have a free lite app for individuals. You may want to give it a try and let it analyze the components on your system. The version I have gives you not only the component, but in some cases the brand, model and serial numbers. Worth a try and you'll have a decent listing of system components.