1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Skips when i encode in TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by littlej, Jul 7, 2003.

1. littlej

littlej Member

Audio Skips when i encode movies in TMPGEnc. The Audio is Ok when i encode small things but when i encode big things like DIVX movies, which are like 700 MB it starts to skip. I tried changing tha settings but nothing seems to work. I even used Virtual Dub to turn tha audio into .wav file and then use tmpgenc to encode the movie, it fixed tha problem but then when i burned the movie there was huge gap between video and Audio. I know i can use Tmpgenc to fix tha audio gap but i wanted to knoe if there is any easier way to fix this problem. Please Help me on this one, I have been trying to fix this problem for a long time.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Open the avi in virtualdub and do the following..

1. click video - direct stream copy
    2. click audio - full processing mode. click audio again and click compression, select no compression pcm and click ok.
    3. click file - save as avi!

The avi saved will have pcm audio and should work fine with TMPGEnc!

3. littlej

littlej Member

I have been trying to tell do what u told me but everytime i try to encode the video, It Freezes and stops encoding. I dont noe wat to do. Is there any other program better than TMPGEnc. If there is plez tell me about it.

4. Dela

Have u ever tried an encoding before??? The video stream of the AVI file could actually be damaged so get the programs AVIFixed and DivFix and check the files but bge sure to make a backup copy of the files before you u use either program!

5. littlej

littlej Member

The File is Fine I have encoded it before but there was a gap in tha audio so i did what u told me and now it frezzes when it is "processing inverse telecine", could this be tha reason. Do i have to process inverse telecine(change it to 30FPS). I used Gspot and it said that tha file was fine. I'm going to try to encode it without changing it to 30 fps and see if that help with tha freezing.

6. Dela

nah dont change it to 30fps, no point!

7. littlej

littlej Member

I didnt change it to 30 fps. i split tha movie into two parts so it can fit in my cd. The first part worked very good there wasnt a problem with the audio or video. But now when i encode the second part the audio starts to skip again. I have already encoded it 3 times but still its skips everytime. I dont knoe wat to do i'm really confused. If the first part worked than why doesnt the second part work. Please help me out on this one

8. Dela

OK what did u use to split?

9. littlej

littlej Member

I didnt split tha movie when it was done. I Made Two Copies using TMPGEnc in source range. I encoded tha first part and it had good audio and everything but tha second part's audio skipped.

10. Dela

ahh i see, well that could be the problem, have you actually tried just encoding fully and splitting afterwards??

11. littlej

littlej Member

How do i do that???

12. Dela

Well instead of using source range, encode the whole file, then in tmpgenc afterwards, click file - mpeg tools and merge and cut tab!