1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio songs from VHS tapes

Discussion in 'Audio' started by mickilea, Nov 25, 2004.

1. mickilea

mickilea Member

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question. I have done lots of CD ripping as well as capturing my old VHS tapes with my capture card. But now I have a VHS tape of a concert and I want to rip (or capture) the songs as MP3 files (or convert to MP3) so I can burn to a CD. Does anyone have any idea whether this can be done directly, or must I go through the whole process of capturing the VHS, encoding to DVD, and then ripping the songs?

Thanks for any help anybody can give me.

2. ricster

ricster Regular member

I've never done this but can't you just take the audio-out from the VCR straight into your line-in on the sound card ? Then capture as normal.

3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Another candidate for the Analog method. Yes this is the perfect place for this question mickilea! As ricster said, all you have to do is hook you VCR audio out (RCA) to your soundcards Line-In port (3.5 phone jack) and you are ready to record to your hard drive.

------------------------------------------------------

Here's my guide on how to do everything using a Program called Jet Audio:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/125931

Link to software that may be of intrest:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/127334

------------------------------------------------------

Have fun!
    Ced

4. mickilea

mickilea Member

Thanks for your help. I am going to try that tomorrow. That sounds so much more simplier.