1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Stripping

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by mr335, Feb 23, 2005.

1. mr335

mr335 Member

What program within Gordian Knot strips the audio and syncs it with the video.I am trying to strip the audio from an avi file, encode the video and rejoin it with TMPGenc DVD Author. I end up with a good looking DVD file but the sound is out of sync.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

So you have an avi with AC3 audio and you want to demux it? I would suggest VirtualDubMod or AVIMuxGUI.

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

If the sound becomes out-of-sync, as I wrote in http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/129217, you need to extract the sound in an uncompressed form, first (Stream__Stream List__Save WAV in VirtualDubMod (I don't think that 'demuxing' will solve the un-sync problem, since the stream remains compressed) or Audio__Full stream processing mode and Fiele__Save WAv in VirtualDub), and to use this uncompresses WAV with TMPGenc.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  4. mr335

mr335 Member

Thanks for the reply.I tried Virtual Dub but I guess I did not process the stream correctly.