1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio sync fine on PC, not on DVD standalone!

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by gyjohn, Oct 28, 2004.

1. gyjohn

gyjohn Member

Hi there,

I've been using a nice lot of information from these forums and the tutorial at doom9 about converting VHS to DVD.

I have had some success using my WinFast TV2000XP card, and VirtualDub. Last night I filtered a 1h30m tv programme through TMPGEnc to M2V format, and the picture output is excellent. This has then been turned into vob files using TMPGEnc DVDAuthor.

Everything has run seemingly fine, I have a 2.2Athlon, and the capture is at 720x526, using ffvfw, before using VirtualDub to TMPGEnc.

Playing the resulting DVD 'from file' is fine using a variety of different software players, but when the files are burned to DVD, I get about a .5 second lag - picture first, then sound.

This doesn't happen on the PC with the DVD files, but does when burned.

Is there an easy fix for this? I'm so close, yet so far!

Thanks,
    John

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  2. roncad

roncad Member

Dvd detective 1.7 says it will work ok
    program cost $30 and comes with money back guarantee!
    Let me know if it works for you!
    Roncad

3. gyjohn

gyjohn Member

Turns out my DVD player is on its way out - it cost me £60 two years ago, but its struggling to read stuff already. Passed the rip to a friend, he had no problems.
    Updated my machine with a Liteon 5005, so I can record straight from video to DVD, no messing around!

Thanks for the idea, anyway ;)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004