1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio sync issue DV-AVI to XVID to M2V to VOB

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by cunnus88, Nov 7, 2007.

1. cunnus88

cunnus88 Member

I'm trying to burn these DVs I backed up onto DVDs and I've been having problems with audio syncing from the get go.

First, to put more than one DV tape onto a DVD, I just dumped two or three DV-AVI files into one avi file using xvid (to save on hard disk space). But I noticed that the audio which is fine at the beginning starts slowing down near the 30 minute mark and it gets more noticeable towards the end. I fixed this issue by (in VirtualDub) going to video -> frame rate -> source rate adjustment -> change so audio and video durations match. And now, in their avi form, the audio and video sync perfectly (the audio is PCM WAV).

Then, I used HCEnc to convert the avi to m2v and besweet to convert the wav to ac3. Finally, I multiplexed this with IFOEdit. In the final IFO/VOB file playback, I noticed the same thing happening again. At the beginning, the sync is fine, but the audio becomes increasingly out of sync as playback progresses. But all in all not by much; by the end of the video, the audio and video are off by about 1 second (not an exact measurement, just by listening and reading people's lips).

Here's another strange thing. The following are the playback lengths of each file at each stage of conversion:
    XVID AVI: 2:15:45
    WAV: 2:15:45
    M2V: 2:15:45
    AC3: 2:15:45
    IFO/VOB: 2:15:37 ??????

Only the final multiplexed video is off by 8 seconds.

Could somebody tell me how to fix this?

2. videosppt

videosppt Member

Have you solved your problem? See my signature below. Maybe i could help you out.