1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio sync issues

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by amigo_rk, Nov 21, 2004.

1. amigo_rk

amigo_rk Member

I recently bought ADS Tech DVD Xpress device to convert VHS tapes to DVDs. I started capturing a fairly long VHS tape (2.5 hrs). After capturing the video in MPEG2 format, I played it to check the audio sync. In the beginning the video looked ok, but as time goes by, I can see a 0.5 second audio delay. That is, picture runs first and then audio.

ADS Tech boasts they have LIP SYNC technology but in my case it doesn't LIP SYNC.

I am using a P4 2.53 Ghz, 1 GB RAM. I am capturing the video onto a new partition dedicated for video. I defragmented the hard disk and enabled DMA.

Anyone please let me know what I should do to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance.

2. dakulis

dakulis Member

I purchased a DVDXpress unit also. I cannot get it to even begin capturing video. I have a P4, 1 gig RAM, Radeon 9800Pro videocard, SB Audigy soundcard, Asus motherboard and everytime it starts to capture, the program, either CapWiz or Ulead VideoStudio 7SE locks up and it quits working. I have downloaded the patches and updated programs at both ADS's site and Ulead's site. NO LUCK!!! I wrote ADS tech support and they think it's my chipset on the motherboard or the fact that I have other USB devices connected. BUT, I have tried disconnecting the other USB devices and got the same results. If there is a problem with a specific chipset, ADS should tell people in their FAQ tech support about the problem, although I don't think it's my chipset - I have Intel not VIA. All in all this was a waste of $75 and 5 hours so far. Any help or thoughts out there?