1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Synchronization Headaches

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by HK_Sultan, May 23, 2011.

1. HK_Sultan

HK_Sultan Member

I have a DVD Burning problem using Sony DRU-810A.(I have been using this drive for many years with np) Let's say every project I burn now..ie.. DVD, SVD..etc..while using this software, Nero Ultra 7 Edition....The audio synchronization starts out perfect with the video I am burning @4x and at the half-way point of the project the audio starts to delay from the video and gets worse as the project proceeds..? I can't seem to identify this problem and this is happening with every project I burn as of late. I think the Sony DRU-810A DVD-RW/CD/RW drive is failing? The Burning project finishes without receiving any errors but the audio synchronization is delayed to the point of intolerance. Could someone please help me with some feedback....I'm tossing a coin to see if I should purchase a new drive. Any ideas on this prob would be honestly appreciated?
    Thank You Kindly.........HK_Sultan

2. attar

attar Senior member

If you save the DVD files to the HDD (instead of burning them immediately) do they play ok or are they Async.

3. HK_Sultan

HK_Sultan Member

attar, All the video files I use have been saved on my HDs....Instead of converting .avi to .vob I let Nero Vision transcode them and then burn those transcoded files with no problems..All movie files I DL which are saved to file I sometimes choose not to burn them for months......I usually view them on our 48" LCD Flat with a vga extension cord and just play the file(VLC) but some friends are less fortunate so I burn these files on DVD and sometimes on SVD.(SVD not very often)so they can play them on their DVD Player...NTSC/Progressive....The synchro prob. is very recent..one week ago was the start of this malady......Thanx for your input......

4. attar

attar Senior member

I'm assuming that the files that are to be burned to the disk are DVD format files (VOB files).
    It's these files that should be played back on the PC before they are burned to see at what point the async occurs.

5. HK_Sultan

HK_Sultan Member

attar, I have lowered my quality settings and by lowering my expectations has straightened out my audio synchro probs....I guess I just have to live with regular-average looking images ripped by others.......Thanx attar

Last edited: May 24, 2011