1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Timing Messed Up

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Noraa3, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Noraa3

Noraa3 Member

okay, so i have tried at least a dozen programs to burn movies that are in divx format. some of the programs include DvdSanta, Cucusoft, Xilisoft, AVIDVD Converter, WINAVI, Super DVD creator, AVI to DVD Converter, etc, etc. Pretty much everytime i try to burn a movie to a disc sometime through the dvd the sound timing is off. So when a person is talking the sound is delayed and the words do not mach the people's mouths. This is extremley annoying. Some programs work better than others, but i have yet to find a program or programs that can encode and burn a dvd without a loss of audio quality (video for that matter too). Please give me some suggestions of some programs to use or any other helpful suggestions.

I appreciate it.

By the way i guess it could be my blank dvds i use Memorex DVD+R dvd's with 4.7 GB, 120 min, and 8x writing speed.

Thanks Again

Noraa

2. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

Try ConvertXtoDVD. Under settings, set quality to High/Slow Encoding and be sure you burn at 8x or less. Also, set chapters to 5 minutes. i noticed sometimes if my chapters are spread far apart my audio becomes out of sync, but setting the chapters shorter corrects that. ConvertXtoDVD is free and probably one of the better converters out there. Hope it works out for ya!

3. Noraa3

Noraa3 Member

thanks a bunch i will definetely try that out

appreciate the help

but please keep the suggestions coming

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

Noraa3 are the movie files out of sych before you burn them? if so you can use virtuldub to fix that but you can't fix it after it is burnt, also dizzyduck convertxtodvd is not free! you have to pay for it and it is one of the bet converters out there, you can download it for free but it leaves a watermark on the finished disk untill you buy a key, money well spent, good luck

5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I would not put it down to your discs but I would like to advise you that they are possibly the worst you can buy, stick to Verbatim or Sony (made in Japan)

6. Noraa3

Noraa3 Member

Thanks again for all the help

yes i do believe that the audio becomes unsynchronized before burning so thanks i will try that program

and as far as dvd's i was wrong i actually use JVC DVD-R, but the other specs are the same.

ok and then i was thinking of some other factors which may hinder the results of the audio.

Should i leave my computer idle while encoding/burning? Like should i not get on the internet, etc?

Is it okay to encode multiple movies at the same time?

Would making the chapters 1 minute apart instead of 5 be even better?

If anyone knows the answers that would be great