1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio too low

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Cassius2, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Cassius2

Cassius2 Member

Hi All,

I have a basic dvd player and i notice that with certain DVDs when I play them the sound is too low. In fact sometimes i put the volume of the TV to the max and the sound is only just decent, while sometimes it is still difficult to understand the words that are being said.

However, when I play a dvd which on its cover states that it is a mono, generally the sound is perfect.

Kindly could you advice me if there are any audio settings which i shall look after maybe i can sort out this problem?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

2. JVC

JVC Active member

How is it hooked up?
    Straight to tv with red, white, and yellow rca cables?
    Are you going through a stereo or surround sound receiver, for the audio?

If straight to the tv, I'd say it's a wrong setting in the dvd player's setup menus, or the tv's setup menus.

If it's through a surround receiver, you may need to adjust the speaker levels. Also check that the speakers are in phase........
    Good luck!

3. Cassius2

Cassius2 Member

Hi

Thank you for your reply. My dvd is hooked directly to the TV but not with the red white and yellow cable, but with a direct scart plug hooked directly at the back of the DVD and TV.

So probably as you suggested it's just a setting in either the dvd or tv settings (probably dvd as when i watch a tv channel sound is fine.) Kindly could you suggest me any particular audio settings which i shall look for?

Moreover, do you think that plugging the dvd via the red, white, yellow cables may make a difference in contrast to the scart plug?

Thank You.

4. JVC

JVC Active member

I've seen scart mentioned before. We don't use that type of connection, here in the USA, so I know absolutely nothing about it.

As far as the dvd audio settings, just go into the setup menus, to the audio options, and change a setting (one at a time), and try it. If that doesn't work, try the same thing with the tv setup menus.

Also, are these original dvds, or are they copies?

5. Cassius2

Cassius2 Member

thank you for your reply, i will try to connect the dvd via the red/white/yellow cables and see if there will be any difference. Alternatively, i will follow your suggestion and try to change the audio settings one at a time.

Thank you