1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio track skipping on backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by stikystuf, Nov 7, 2004.

1. stikystuf

stikystuf Member

I dunno if anyone has the same problem but recently with many new games that are out after i burn them using decrypter the game loads up fine but then when the game starts the sound track keeps skipping and stops the game from running. I use swap magic with 8x verbatim DVD-Rs. Any help on this matter is much appreciated.

2. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

What are some of the games you having problems with???

3. johnstar

johnstar Member

Hi peeps, yes i have had the same problems with a few ps2 games, namely Star Wars Battlefront & Tiger Woods PGA 2005. But i am now using Piodata Ritek GO5 -R Discs using DVD Decryper on an LG Rewriter and every game i have burned ever since has been as smooth as an original disc.

I have had a few little problems with disc's skiping in the past (using TDK & GO4's) but i'd definitely recommend using Ritek GO5 Discs & always burn at 1X.

4. stikystuf

stikystuf Member

Recently its been happening with games like GTA, Killzone and Lotr Third Age. I tried setting the read speed to 1x on dercypter but it always goes up to 11x so i think that might be the problem????

5. Smorgan77

Smorgan77 Member

Yeah I am having the same problem both with Decrypter not reading (imaging) at 1X but going to max (even though I direct it to read at 1X.... then I had the same problem with the Third Age, which was a downloaded MDS/MDF image. My media could be the problem since it's Memorex DVD+R 4X and is ONLY compatible to write at 4X or 2.4X, but Third age is the first game to give me problems with that media.