1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Tracks Missing using DVD Decryptor & Nero

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by etsagr, Mar 1, 2007.

1. etsagr

etsagr Member

I am using the Full Disc option in DVD Fab Platinum to copy a DVD to my hard drive. Then, using Nero Recode to burn to a DVD. Although the movie is fine (has video and audio), the video files in the "Extras" folder lacks audio. I noticed this when I'm in the Nero Recode program, so I'm not sure if this is a problem with DVD Fab Platinum (decryptor) or Nero Recode. How do I resolve the problem so that I can get audio in the out-takes, trailors, etc.?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I don't have Platinum, but I do see that it has a "Customize" button.

From the Features Highlight:
    Click that and see if you have all the audio enabled. You should have the 2-ch AC3 enabled for the extras and trailers, along with the 5.1-ch AC3 main movie audio.

Edit:
    I downloaded the trial of Platinum to take a closer look. Open the DVD and click Customize. Now you can look at all individual titles by ticking it's check box. Because you are burning all the titles tick all the boxes. As you do this, look on the right and see what audio "Type" is available for the title. You should see AC-3/2 for the extras.
    All you are doing here is verifying that the audio is there.

You may be removing it in Recode so check your settings there as well.

When you get done looking, click Full Disc.

I'm not sure why you are using Nero Recode to burn with. Why not let Platinum do the burning? You can even click the little "gear" icon upper right and then click Common Settings then select "Write" from the menu tree on the left. Now you can select the Burning Engine and change it to Nero Burning ROM if you want to use Nero to burn with.

There is an updated beta version, 3.0.8.5 Beta, here.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  3. etsagr

etsagr Member

Thanks for responding.

This doesn't seem to be the problem because everything is checked off, regarding audio. In fact, some of the "extras" do come thru with sound, while others end up missing it.

In Nero Recode, it seems that there are audio files (which are checked off), but when I preview them in Nero, there is no sound. The other "extras" that do have sound when transferred to DVD do play audio when I preview them in Nero, so I know it is not a problem with the actual burning of the DVD.

Any other recs?

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I'd recommend you not process the video twice and just burn with DVDFab Platinum. I still have not figured out what you are using Recode for.
    What movie is this?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007