1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Tracks

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Seanix, May 12, 2004.

1. Seanix

Seanix Member

OK, i've pretty much got everything down pact now, I think. I made a copy and everything worked out fine. But this time I tried something new. I made the ISO image and only picked the 5.1DTS audio track for the film. So when I mounted the image with Daemon and played it with Power DVD there was no sound. What did I do wrong?
    Also if what I've got done is correct, what file do I burn to DVD-R? The .ISO file or the VOB's and other stuff?
    By the way, thanks to everyone here for the help on my last post!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Did you select the DTS soundtrack in the audio setup of the movie?

You should either be burning an ISO or a VIDEO_TS folder containing VOB, IFO and BUP files, there shouldn't be both on the same disc.

3. Seanix

Seanix Member

The DTS track was selected. Could it be because there is no DTS Decoder in my Powere DVD that I didn't hear any sound?

4. daba

daba Guest

Hi Seanix,

Be aware a DVD is not supposed to contain DTS audio only. Even if connected to a DTS-capable sound machine, some players won't play such a disc.

Daba

5. Seanix

Seanix Member

Why not? I've never heard this before, I'm not saying your wrong, but whats the reason?
    So I should put the regular 5.1 track there also is what your saying....

6. daba

daba Guest

Well, you know, it's not my fault :)

In order to be compliant with the DVD-video format, a DVD must contain a Dolby Digital or an LPCM audio track. So if a DVD has only DTS audio, it's not DVD-video compliant. That's it.

I bet most players don't care and just output the audio to the DTS plug-in. So no matter if you have a DTS-capable sound machine.

But some players are very strict with DVD-video compliancy and they will not play your disc, whatever sound machine is connected to them. Full stop.

Cheers,

Daba

7. flaboy

flaboy Member

Ok I might buy the part about the dvd needing both tracks. but I have a DTS demo disk from DTS online. How would I copy it?