1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio & Video are not Synchronize....HELP!!!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by jds7838, Jun 20, 2002.

1. jds7838

jds7838 Guest

I've had success creating VCD using guide that I got from the ARTICLE section,But recently I'am having problem synchronizing the audio and video using TMPGEnc(Audio is always delay),I've tried all different format from SVCD to VCD,I've tried SVCD(film) & VCD(film) and still no success.I use SMARTRIPPER,DVD2AVI & TMPGEnc to create my Movie...HELP any input is highly appreciated.

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Hm, DVD2AVI is generally speaking extremely good in synchronizing issues. Is the audio out of sync in the beginning of the movie or does the sync problem get worse gradually (further you get in the movie, bigger the difference)?

3. skins38

skins38 Member

I'm also having problems with a/v synch. I've been using TMPGenc to encode, and multiplex. And the latest version of Nero to burn. Virtual Dub to fix any corrupt frames.

My DVD player is the RCA 5240p which, according to vcdhelp.com is pretty much the shizz-nit, and is supposed to be able to play anything.

What happens is the video will sketch out(like it's fast forwarding) and then the audio'll be out for about 10 or 15 seconds and then come back in synch. This will happen throughout the movie every minute or two. This only happens on my standalone player and EVERY SINGLE vcd i've made has this problem. and Yes I used the TMPGenc VCD templates.

I tried burning slower, different settings, rw's, everything and it just wouldn't work.

Today I downloaded Panasonic encoder as a last resort, and after using it to re-encode a TMPGenc mpeg, the movie played PERFECTLY!! can I get a Hallelujah?

Has anyone ever heard anything like this before?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2002
  4. jds7838

jds7838 Guest

Yes,the audio is out of sync at the very beginning of the movie and gets worst (very delay) towards the end.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2002
  5. jds7838

jds7838 Guest

Thank's for the input "skins38" I'm gonna give a shot.