1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio/video arent synchronous

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by norsk17, Sep 4, 2003.

1. norsk17

norsk17 Member

i got a avi file(650MB), the problem is that the sound plays earlier than the video!

i --tried-- to fix it with virtualdub but at the beginning of the film everything is fine.
    the longer the film goes the bigger gets the audio failure

hope someone can help me

mfg norsk

2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

3. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

I sometimes have this same problem with certain svcd's that have been converted from avi's. I've found a good trick that you can do on your standalone dvd player (it works on both of my dvd players) to synch the audio with the video. while your playing the svcd, when it's out of synch press the audio button on your dvd player, it should bring up two audio options, they might be called mpeg 1 & mpeg 2, audio1 & audio2 or whatever depending on your player. just select audio 2 then move back and select audio1 again. hopefully your audio should now be in sync.( with toshiba players you have to press the angle button instead of the audio button). hope it works for you.

4. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Damon i believe the problem had to do with AVI's not SVCD's but your information was helpful nonetheless :). My 2 cents is that many audio/video sync problems are caused by older pc's which cant handle the strain of decoding divx and xvid avi's. Usually the ffd show filter does a good job of correcting alot of audio/video sync problems.