1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio/video sync for vcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by sophies, Feb 19, 2003.

1. sophies

sophies Guest

when i try and make a vcd sometimes the video and audio are not in sync but the movie plays perfectly on the pc for instance tried a 2 disk movie second disk is perfect but the first is all out of sync can any one help ive tried everything

2. Frostbite

Frostbite Member

Have u tried using virtual dub to save sound as a wav file?

Frosty

3. sophies

sophies Guest

thanks frosty will try it and let you know

4. sophies

sophies Guest

can anyone help with this problem when using virtual dub to split movies i get a message saying "decompress the entire audio stream to a uncompressed wav file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder (130.6 / 10.9 kbps can anyone talk me through doing this as im new to all this

5. joea3320

joea3320 Guest

You don't say which type of burner you have and what at speed you are burning. It would be helpful if you can slow down the burning process.(most of the time)

Also the VD program does not work well with some of the capture devices. Which capture or Video card are you using?

6. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

ok first thing to do is load the file into virtual dub, then then select the audio tab and check full processing mode, select audio again and click on compression and from the menu select NO COMPRESSION (PCM)
    next go to file and hit save wav this should create the uncompressed wav file to your harddrive , as for the audio encoder im not sure,
    what exactly are you trying to do split an avi file or a vcd compliant mpeg file? what encoder are you using to create the vcd? if you are trying to split an avi file before you encode to vcd dont bother, do it afterwards, maybe use dvtool for this please give as much information as you can,

7. sophies

sophies Guest

im using v dub 14 and nero 5.5 but have been splitting bfore i use nero to encode it but when its finnished encoding it burns it to vcd can i save encoded file then split and how

8. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

ok for starters dont use nero to encode its errr crap!!
    load the video file into virtual dub the select the audio tab then select full processing mode then hit the audio tab and select compression and use no compression (PCM) then select conversion under audio and set this to convert to 44.1khz let virtual dub do its thing then use tmpgenc to encode the file ,this thread may help http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/20270 read the last ten posts or so, the split the resulting mpeg file with dvtool, this is available from the downloads section of this site and there is also a guide on how to use it in the articles section. then use nero to burn the disk, this is all that you really want to do with nero the built in encoder is one of the worst ive ever seen. any more questions ask again ill help you out

9. sophies

sophies Guest

thanks fixit i will try what u said and let u know how i get on

10. sophies

sophies Guest

can any one help when i try to put one of my movies on disk the picture plays upsidedown im using virtualdub and nero on xp

11. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

I'm assuming you are trying to playback SVCD MPEG2 video..

Try using WinDVD to playback instead of WMP.

12. sophies

sophies Guest

just vcd and it only does it on some movies and when im playing it in the dvd player

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2003