1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio/Video Sync Issues on Data CD/DVDs containing AVIs

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Xplorer4, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

I have been having a lot of audio/video out of sync problems as of late and cant figure out why. I am playing avi files encoded in xvid on my standalone divx DVD player. I am using Nero 8 Burning rom and ImgBurn to burn the avi files to a CD or DVD. I am using Sony CD-R and Sony DVD-R media. I have a Philips 8631 drive. I know these are problematic drives but it works very well for me. I actually just riped and burned a copy of Prison Break onto a Verbatim DVD+DL disc earlier and the copy works fine. I usually burn at 2.4X as I know that used to be the rule of thumb here and recently I hear more people say burn at half the rated disc speed but 2.4X as always served me well. Could this be why my data discs some times appear to have sync issue?

2. attar

attar Senior member

Try loading one of the problem files into VirtualDub and saving (without re-compressing).
    I find some XviD files acting up when played back on my DivX player and virtualDub seems to fix them up.

To save the file from VirtualDub, click 'Video' > 'Direct stream Copy' then click 'File' > 'Save as AVI'.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/virtualdub.cfm

3. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

Thanks, I already use virtual dub alot so I will try that, but do you recommend using full processing mode on the audio or direct stream the audio to?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  4. attar

attar Senior member

I've been using Direct Stream on both.