1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Video Sync-Little Black Book

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by snipster4, Mar 20, 2005.

1. snipster4

snipster4 Member

I'm having a lot of troubles with this movie. First I was barely able to rip the movie. I usualy use AutoGK but it doesn't work with this one. I tried using Dr. DivX, and the tutorial way of this website (DivX 16:9).

My problem is the video and audio are out of sync. I took this @ a specific time in the movie.

9:03 Audio / 9:16 Vidoe.

The Video is aprx. 13 secs to fast.

What is the easest way to fix these without re-endcoding the entire thing if possible. It takes my comp 28hr to make a DivX/Xvid so I would like to be either bang on with the audio/video or be able to tweak it easyly.

How can I achive this?

Thanks

2. HALTRON

HALTRON Member

Best bet is to demultiplex and then re-multiplex applying a delay, assuming that the audio is ahead of the video.

3. snipster4

snipster4 Member

My Audio at 9:03 = My Video at 9:16. Therefore, my video is ahead of my audio. Can I still you this? Are there any tutorials or guides for this?

Thanks

4. HALTRON

HALTRON Member

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  5. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

You can re-time an AVI using VirtualDub (NanDub actually, a more-specialized VDub derivative).
    You can easily advance or retard the audio relative to the video.
    This will obviously not, however, help you if your AVI is suddenly losing synch at the 9 minute mark...?
    Is this your problem? If so, you're bunned ;^(
    If you have the DVD still, and the video-portion of your AVI is correct & proper, I would do this:
    Demux DVD audio to separate file, using latest DVDDecrypter, and try to get a proper audio stream to mux with your 28-hour (precious!) video.
    In what format is your audio?
    If the DVD has AC3 2-channel, you could use that directly.
    If AC3 5.1 only, you must (should) convert to MP3.
    This is where a lot of synch problems occur - MP3 is a 'lazy' medium, which means it may speed up or slow down sometimes, or maybe lose frames and jump around, ahead or back...
    Note the exact running time of your program; then determine whether the audio or the video is losing the 13 seconds.
    If it is (hopefully) the audio, we will fix you up quickly & easily :^)
    If the video, well - it's another 28hrs. for you ;^(
    What is your PC!?
    With my rig (listed below) I make a pass in approx 3 hours, using DivX Pro 'Slow' codec settings incl. bi-directional.
    It doesn't get any slower than these 'Slow' settings, and 3hours x 2 passes = it's done in the morning.
    Anyway see if you can ID the big problem you have, is it A or V ?
    If video, we can help you re-do it in maybe less time.
    If audio, this is smaller problem and we will help you re-do it easily ;^)
    Regards

6. snipster4

snipster4 Member

I'll try that thanks. The entire video is out, I just took a time where I could match the video to the audio. I tried remuxing it with a different bittrate, (2 different programs gave me times ie. 1:53hr & 1:44hr) So tried this one using the 104min and I'll see if that worked.

Thanks