1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio when burning DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mybudgie, Oct 28, 2004.

1. mybudgie

mybudgie Member

I used Nero to create a copy of my DVD but there is no audio at all. I followed the instructions that I found somewhere here.
    It talks about adding files to the VIDEO_TS folder, but not to the Audio_TS folder, so the lack of sound probably has something to do with this. I am confused how to get audio. Please help.
    "
    Launch Nero Burning Rom in the classic mode (not the Nero Express wizard mode). Choose DVD from the drop-down menu, and select DVD-Video as the compilation type. Click the New button to open up the DVD layout view.

Adding files to the VIDEO_TS folder

Nero is only capable of burning pre-authored DVD-Video VOB-files. The folder you want to burn should have a couple of .BUP and .IFO files, and a bunch of 1GB .VOB files.

Choose the VIDEO_TS folder from the DVDVideo -window. Use the right mouse button to Add files to the compilation. You can also use the explorer window to the right to locate the files and drag & drop them to the VIDEO_TS folder. Make sure that the files actually go to the VIDEO_TS folder, and not the root folder of the disc.

Burning the DVD

Now all you have to do is burn the disc. Go to the Write CD dialog either through the drop-down menu (File, Write CD...) or by clicking the burn icon on the toolbar. The default settings should be ok. Just click on the Write button. If you get prompted whether or not you want to burn a multisession disc, respond Burn without multisession. "

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

So if you try and play the video files with your media player is the audio present? Nero usually just burns what is there. If the audio is missing in the first place then it's not going to get burned.

The AUDIO_TS folder is always empty. The audio is multiplexed with the video in the VIDEO_TS folder.

3. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Hey mybudgie,

All that sounds good.

How did you create the VOB files in the first place? They may have been corrupted then.

Do you have a DVD player on your PC (ie. WinDVD). If so, you can play the VOB files through it, then you can check the audio to see if its in the VOBs, or is it a burning problem.

Adder.

4. tommich

tommich Member

I had the same problem - when I burned the DVD, there was no Audio present. I played the clips on my PC, and the Audio was fine. When I burned the DVD, using Nero, I clicked on the Video Folder and put EVERYTHING in there (hit select all then add).
    I see this problem a lot on the boards - is there something simple that I (we) am overlooking?

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Somewhere along the line the audio is being droppped for some reason. I kinda doubt it's happening at the burn stage. like Adder01 says check your files with your media player. For example right after you rip them, open up the folder the rip program made and try to play them. It is actually pretty hard to accidentaly demux the files and remove the audio. Check the settings on your ripping program and make sure you are not de-selecting the audio tracks somehow. If you are using Shrink, make sure the correct audio selections are made. You need to have at least one audio track selected.

I add my files to Nero the same way and don't have any problems with it.

Frank