1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio won't convert

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by asura, Mar 27, 2004.

1. asura

asura Member

I have an AVI with bad audio sync. When I try to split it, the sound is off. I have searched the forum and it suggested ripping the audio in WAV format from the AVI with VirtualDUB and then use Razorlame to change it back to MP3 and then combine the 2. I'm having problems converting the WAV back into MP3. When I use Razorlame, I get the message that something went wrong and get this log:

Command: C:program FilesRazorLameLamelame.exe -b 192 -m j --resample 44.1 "C:TempBloodlust WAV File.wav" "C:TempSplit Vampire Hunter DBloodlust WAV File.mp3"
    Warning: corrupt or unsupported WAVE format
    Assuming raw pcm input file
    LAME version 3.92 MMX (http://www.mp3dev.org/)
    CPU features: i387, MMX (ASM used), SIMD, SIMD2
    Using polyphase lowpass filter, transition band: 19383 Hz - 19916 Hz
    Encoding C:TempBloodlust WAV File.wav
    to C:TempSplit BloodlustBloodlust WAV File.mp3
    Encoding as 44.1 kHz 192 kbps j-stereo MPEG-1 Layer III (7.3x) qval=2
    average: 192.0 kbps LR: 1 (0.004081%) MS: 24505 (100.0%)
    RazorLame encountered an unknown message from LAME while trying to encode "C:TempBloodlust WAV File.wav"!

Any idea what the problem is and how I can get this to work right?

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

could you check the file size of the audio extracted to wave by v-dub ?

if its small you don't need to convert it back to mp3

3. asura

asura Member

The wave file is 1.09 GB, so it's pretty large. I tried to use goldwave and just saved the AVI as a WAV, then tried to convert with razorlame, it seemed to work fine. Then when I try to use Nandub, everything is choppy (including sound & graphics) and after a few seconds the sound cuts out, even on the original which worked fine in virtualdub.

4. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

You could just re-time the audio, if the synch is off.
    Copy the AVI with VDub, direct-stream copy A & V, and advance or retard the audio (in milliseconds, 500 = 1/2 second) as req'd.
    If you have a 1.09GB WAV file and wish to work with that, make a nice Q=0 CBR MP3 with a Riff WAV header using CDex 1.51 and LAME 3.95.1 codec. Then, you'll have a nice 100MB WAV file that VirtualDub will happily interleave with your video.
    Remember, you can only advance or retard the audio to achieve synch at the beginning of the film. But if you then lose synch as the film progresses, you must adjust the video framerate so synch is maintained.
    ie. if the audio is 'falling behind' you would have to reduce video framerate slightly to compensate.
    CBR MP3s offer the greatest stability & compatability but you will need more than 128 (joint) - use 192 or at least 160Kb/s (stereo).
    Good luck asura