1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by chaggy, Feb 21, 2007.

1. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Hi Guys
    A couple of questions firstly I have found amongst my files something called audioPIDs data can anyone tell me what this does and is it nessesary when flashing a new image for putting channels on etc and also once I have flashed new image what do actually need to install from smart client.I'm assuming that I need bouquet svs xml,now got an area svs xml and also a zappit conf,is there anything else like my services xml needed or even the thing that i asked about earlier in the thread (audioPIDs)can somebody please give me a definitive explaination.

Thanks in advance

Chaggy

2. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

sorry to be a pain but is there anyone that can help please.

3. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Not entirely sure what you mean, if you are looking at what files to back up then SERVICES.XML & BOUQUETS.XML will have your settings, you might want to save the KEYS directory if your new image hasn't got them. Audio PID's are to tell the receiver where to look on the channel for different audio streams, you don't need to back this up as it's generated during a scan. If you want a more detailed description then I'm sure someone will post.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If you select a other audio stream via the green button at some images your choice will be stored and is default if you switch back to that channel.

5. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Thanks Guys
    What I meant was on my computer iv'e already got a copy of "bouquet & svs xml file" but I don't want to save the "svs xml file" because there seems to be a few channels missing so would I be better off using the "svs xml file" that I downloaded for my area or do a scan once I have flashed a new image(sportster pro 1.8).I also have a "my svs file" do I need to transfer that as well as the area svs file or can I leave that off.If somebody could tell me the differance between the two it would help me in the future.Also do I overwrite the "zappit conf file" or is that not important because I have that saved on my computer as well.Thanks for your patience and look forward to your replies.

Chaggy.

6. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

If you do a scan services.xml and bouqets.xml will be new created.
    If you select keep existing bouqets, your old bouqets and services will be overtaken, none functional channels survive and new channels are added. Existing channels will be also modified if something changed and the scan is able to find them.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  7. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Hi Mate
    Thanks for the advice I am going to flash new image later and just wondered how do I save the image that is on the box already just in case then I could revert back If I have any problems.

Chaggy

8. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Go to SOFTWARE UPDATE, READ ONE PARTITION. FLASH WITHOUT BOOTLOADER. This will save it to the DBox TMP folder just FTP it to your PC.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  9. chaggy

chaggy Regular member

Thanks for that mate

Chaggy