1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AudioCatalyst ASPI drivers.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by joltcola, Aug 16, 2004.

1. joltcola

joltcola Member

I tried to grab and rip a CD onto my computer. When it gets done I find that none of the files have any sound, yet they still take up space and have a track length. Then I figure out im doing it with analog. So I try downloading ASPI drivers, reboot the system, etc, and AudioCatalyst still wont let me grab cds. Then I check my system information on Nero and it says my ASPI installation is corrupted. Does anyone have any advice as to what to do here? Im running WINXP Professional.

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Download from this site Force ASPI :-http://radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm

Read the instructions and follow each one --
    paying particular attention to this section :--
    [bold]
    " I recommend using ForceASPI this way:

Run dumpASPI to backup your current ASPI layer
    Run instASPI to install the new ASPI layer
    Reboot
    Run aspichk to see if everything worked OK
    Some people report better success by running killASPI before running instASPI when newer ASPI drivers (such as v4.71.2) have been installed. " [/bold]

This should clear up your ASPI layer problem.

3. SparkeyNi

SparkeyNi Member

-

Last edited: Aug 19, 2004
  4. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Just use that 'Kill ASPI' and exit; you don't req an ASPI layer with WinXP Pro.
    Nero has its own (proprietory) ASPI layer that does not embrace Adaptec, and so installing this stuff after Nero is already installed is suicidal.
    Try CDex
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_software/cd-da_extractors/cdex.cfm
    It works perfectly with the Native NT SCSI library (ie. no ASPI)
    Regards
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Keep 'em running good! Life is a marathon, not a sprint...

ABIT AN7 nForce2 Ultra 400
    XP2500+ Barton @ 3200+
    2 x 512MB PC3200[/small]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2004
  5. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

The man has already paid for the most widely used digital audio ripper -and reviewed as the best by many.- [bold]he needs ASPI drivers to make it run [/bold].

6. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

7. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

~~smiles -- !!

AudioCatalyst has been updated to XP standards and is available at many MP3 Club over the web !!

Xing Technologies have sold the rights to their encoder to Real Networks LTD. -- they the one that have gone belly up on AudioCatalyst!

And you are right, there are many alternatives , one is Nero 6 ultra -- who has an excellent Cd ripper. (in the Burning Rom Section).

Regards !

(Edited for typo)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2004
  8. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Let me say, I used to be Mr. Aspi - I had a standard proceedure...
    First run the ForceASPI, reboot
    Then the Adaptec ASPI Update, reboot
    End result would be:

aspixp.sys 32-bit ASPI driver ( v 4.71.2 )
    wnaspixp.dll 32-bit ASPI DLL ( v 4.71.2 )
    aspi64.sys 64-bit ASPI driver ( v 4.70.8 )
    wnaspi64.dll 64-bit ASPI DLL ( v 4.70.8 )

But (maybe because I've been having XP SP2 nightmares) I didn't want to advise anyone to mess with their Native NT SCSI library...
    I have been where joltcola is, with corrupted weirdness or ? in the ASPI layer.
    Not messing with it anymore is one of the few 'bright lights' of my XP install, LoL
    joltcola what's happening, you OK now?
    Make sure to wait for SP2.1 ;-)
    L8R

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

AudioCatalyst was developed by the Author of AudioGrabber, Jackie Franck. Audiocatalyst is not as versatile as AudioGrabber because you are forced to use the Xing codec and you don’t have the option to use the one of your choice. AudioGrabber allows you to use any codec you choose including what is now considered to be the best, the Lame codec. AudioGrabber used to cost $29.95 but since Jackie Franck is no longer working on AudioCatalyst he’s now able to release AudioGrabber for free. AudioGrabber is a wonderful piece of software because it doesn’t drop DLL’s into your system or write to your registry, you can delete it without even using an uninstall program. I’ve been using it since 1997. Jackie is still working on it and updating it.

A little history here.

http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/audiocatalyst.html

Download it here

http://audiograbber.da.ru/

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  10. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Agreed at 100% -- Audiograbber when used with an external encoder is one of the best software to achieve excellent rips .I have also used AudioCatalyst from Xing then switched to Audiograbber !

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes, when you take everything into consideration, install,no software conflicts,available codecs,features, then in my view audiograbber is still the best overall CD ripper available.