1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audiograbber "grabs" virtual DAEMON-drive....

Discussion in 'Audio' started by chochem, Feb 9, 2005.

  1. chochem

    chochem Member

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2004
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    I tried to search for this but with no results - in any case, I apologise if this has been debated. I have used Audiograbber for a long time and recently installed DAEMON Tools on a fresh install to mount an image of my encyclopedia. Now, when I installed Audiograbber, all it could "see" was the generic drive produced by the DAEMON manager - no other was available. I can of course just disable the virtual drive to make my real cd-rom-drive reappear but it's not a very good solution. Can anybody think of a better one?
     
  2. djscoop

    djscoop Active member

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2003
    Messages:
    4,070
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    66
    have you tried changing the drive letters so your virtual drive is after your real drive? you could also try another ripping program, like EAC.
     
  3. chochem

    chochem Member

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2004
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    Uhm I wouldn't really know how - the DAEMON options only allow for changing the number of devices, so I guess it would mean getting Windows to assign a different letter to the non-virtual drive. In any case, it's somewhat embarrasing but the problem simply solved itself. I ran audiograbber once without running DAEMON in the background - got it to see the CD-ROM-drive - and now it recognises it even when the virtual drives are there. So there. Sorry for the inconvenience :)
     
  4. chochem

    chochem Member

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2004
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    Uhm I wouldn't really know how - the DAEMON options only allow for changing the number of devices, so I guess it would mean getting Windows to assign a different letter to the non-virtual drive. In any case, it's somewhat embarrasing but the problem simply solved itself. I ran audiograbber once without running DAEMON in the background - got it to see the CD-ROM-drive - and now it recognises it even when the virtual drives are there. So there. Sorry for the inconvenience :)
     

Share This Page