1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Authentication Failed Problem

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by cycle, Jun 4, 2004.

1. cycle

cycle Guest

Hi guys
    I am having trouble with backing up a specific DVD movie.
    I have backed up other DVD's before and after this problem. PowerDVD and even Windows(XP) wont detect the disc in the drives(Liteon 166s and HP 200j), yet other discs work fine.
    Is there some kind of protection I don't know about?
    The disc in question(8 Mile) is in excellent condition with no scratches.

Thanks for your help,
    cycle

2. colw

colw Active member

Apparent appearannce is no guarantee of quality. There are no new protections - Disks that are not encodable are normally damaged or faulty.

Would suggest experementing with alternative original.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

What do you mean?

Is it possible that the movie uses a disc format not supported? (I know i couldnt read +R discs with my old LG DVDROM)

4. cycle

cycle Guest

When I try to view the discs files through windows explorer it says that the discs format is not supported by windows. It would explain why none of the programs I have can access the disc.

The authentication failed response is from DVD Decrypter ie "Authentication success flag = false"
    I haven't tried to play it in a stand alone dvd player but I assume it would work.

Confusing :p

5. colw

colw Active member

If all other backups work and u are only having a problem with a particular movie, I would suggest that u have a faulty disk - face reality and try an alternative source