1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

author a dvd useing dvd lab & nero6

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by ace63, May 4, 2004.

1. ace63

ace63 Member

Hello,
    I'm wanting to author a backup copy of a dvd with dvdlab and it will do vob but a dvd has several files and dvd lab will only let me load one vob file. giving me a partial movie with audio from a different part. I guess what want is a whole dvd as either a single file or seperate audio/video (2 files) with optimum quality.what should I do? thanks

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

There is an option in DVD Decrypter that will join vobs. Try this: DVD Decrypter in file mode, movie only files. Open tools -> file tab -> options -> file splitting -> select "none" from the menu.

DVD lab has a join mode that shows up when you find your movie vobs and put them in the assets bin. Its a bit odd the way it does the join, I haven't quite figured it out yet. I did one doing the decrypter method which allowed me to demux the whole thing. I'm not sure that was necessary though.

I really enjoy the program but it seems to have a bit of a flaw as far a getting whole DVDs in. DVD Lab Pro handles multiple vobs though. I have the demo but have not tried putting in a whole movie yet. I mainly use this program for camcorder and slideshow work. The menus are great!