1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Authoring a DVD to work on a PS2?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Mattroid, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Mattroid

Mattroid Member

I've been converting some of my AVI files to VCD format, resampleing the audio and burning them to DVD so I can fit tons of video onto one disc.

Well, I can get the DVDs to work fine on DVD-ROMs or on regular DVD players, but for some reason I have problems when I try to play them on my PS2.

The DVD loads fine. The menus seem to work fine. However, when I try to play the videos, I can hear the audio play, but the video does not -- it stays at the menu screen.

Anyone know what this is? Is the "DVD-VCD" format not compatible with the PS2? I know that standard VCDs won't work on an unmodded PS2, so maybe these issues are linked?

Any help?

2. ctopher

ctopher Guest

The only thing that I can get to work on my unmodded PS2 is the dvd's. The mpeg's (vcd and svcd) dosn't work to my knowledge. The PS2's seem to be more picky about dvd's then most dvd players.

3. Mattroid

Mattroid Member

no, vcds and svcds won't work with out a modchip or (i think) some boot discs. i just wonder if the way the DVD videos are encoded is why they are not playing? they meet DVD standards, so i don't see why they shouldn't work.

4. Mattroid

Mattroid Member

Oh, btw, I was refering to the DVDs I mentioned in my first post with this comment, not VCDs or SVCDs. I know, that they don't work and are NOT of the "DVD standard," duh.