1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Authoring a DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by DVDFOOL, Jan 20, 2005.

1. DVDFOOL

DVDFOOL Member

Hi there,

I would be grateful if someone could help me. I downloaded 14 Episodes of LOST off the web and would like to burn them to a DVD to watch on my DVD player elsewhere in the house.

I havent a clue where to start and would be grateful if someone could help me.

As far as I know, the files are .AVI and I just wanted to know what software to use etc, when I downloaded the episodes they were aboud 350 mb each.

I would be grateful for any help
    DVD FOOL

2. boralyl

boralyl Member

Well I use Sony's Vegas Video 5.0 in conjuction w/ DVD Architecht 2.0. I would link the videos together in a time line in vegas then export it as one .avi. Now I wouldn't reccomend putting all 14 episodes on a dvd because the amount of compression to get it to fit on a DVD-5 would lower the quality greatly. When you import the newly joined .avi into dvd architecht then you can author the menu and insert chapters at each seperate episode. Then DVD Architecht can create the MPEG-2 file from your .avi and put the movie together and burn it for you. There are many guides on the net for both vegas and dvd architecht, including many helpful FAQ's here are a few:
    http://www.vasst.com/training/vegasfaq.htm
    http://www.camcorderinfo.com/bbs/t49766.html
    http://www.sundancemediagroup.com/help/kb/kb_tutorials.asp

Hope this helped some, there are many dvd-authoring programs out there besides vegas that you can use as well, do a search and research to see what would be best and easiest for you.

3. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Another idea is...

Firstly convert files from AVI to MPEG2 using TMPGEnc.

Now use DVD Lab to create a menu around a few of the episodes and write them to VOB files. This can be burned with Nero or whatever.

Adder.

4. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Another solution is NeroVision Express, if you happen to have the Nero suite. If you have it, I'll say more about how to go about doing what you want to do.

5. DVDFOOL

DVDFOOL Member

Hi there,

Thanks for the message, I do indeed have Nero Vision Express and would be grateful for any help.

What I have done so far (not sure if doing it right) is convert my AVI's into VOB, however I am lost as to how to author them after this.

Thanks a million

6. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Well, with NeroVision Express, you would normally let it do the conversion to VOB. In fact, anything you do now with it will probably insist on transcoding the files all over again.

On using NeroVision Express, I'd suggest that you begin by reading the user guide. It is a PDF file that you can find in the Program Files|Nero|User Guides folder. Skip to Chapter/Section 9 entitled "Create your first movie." Start there, and if you have further questions, just ask.