1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Authoring/Backing-up a single DVD from 2 source DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by cxfornier, Sep 20, 2004.

1. cxfornier

cxfornier Guest

Hello guys,
    I am new here and am very glad to have found this place. I have learnt how to rip, encode and back up DVDs since I got here yesterday...TAKE THAT Raffy! (My big brother who has made me jealous these past few months because of his DVDXCopy)

Except for one authored DVD+R [The Punisher...with main movie and music video (Drowning Pool)only] that plays perfectly well in my PC but not in my settop DVD player. It just displays this: .2 and freezes there. Even the remote is useless. Is it because when I burnt it via Roxio's CD/DVD Burner (ver 6.1) the memory showed 5.3 kbs more than what the finalised encoded output was or am I missing something here? My other 2 DVD outputs worked in both PC and set top DVD players. FYI, I was able to encode these 3 movies that each fit into a single DVD+R (Verbatim) w/ no compression needed.

Another thing, is it possible for me to RE-AUTHOR my Harry Potter (Chamber of Secrets) DVDs by threading the main feature film with the deleted scenes into one seamless DVD+R disc without errors? The main film is on DISC 1 while the deleted scenes in on DISC 2. How can I go about it using DVD Shrink? Or do I need additional software/GUIDES to do this?

Those are assentially 2 QUESTIONS ;-). PLEASE HELP ME, ANYONE...

THANKS...

2. jahern

jahern Member

I'm replying so that this question gets brought back to the front. I have the same question except it involves Harry Potter Sorceror's Stone. After a few years, I finally have found out how to view the additional scenes and now I want to make the single disc.

3. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi. :)

I'm not sure what the problem could be with "The Punisher".
    It has caused problems to other DVD-backupers, but they usually managed to fix them by reauthoring, or applying "Still Image" to the "unreferenced Material".
    Maybe you could try to burn it to a DVD-RW, to see if the problem is media/burn related.

As for "merging" deleted scenes with a movie-title, you will have to use a DVD Authoring software like "DVD Author" (fully functional trial version available).
    http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tda16.html
    Just make sure all the titles you add to the compilation are on the same track (you'll understand when you start using DVD Author).
    Unless this has been rectified in the latest version, the drawback is you will loose the subtitles.
    Keep in mind this method will only work if the deleted scenes have the same video format ("4:3", "16:9", "Anamorphic",...) and the same audio format (AC3 5.1, AC3 2ch,...) as the main title.

Something similar could be accomplished by using DVD Shrink "Reauthor" mode.
    You would experience a slight pause during the transition from an "original" scene to an added deleted one though.
    However, it has the advantage of being simpler to do, and not requiring the video and audio streams formats to be identical.

http://www.dvdshrink.info/compilation.php

In any case, I'd recommend you burn to DVD-RW, to make sure you get what you were hoping for. ;)

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

For DVD Shrink and related softwares guides and information, please visit http://www.dvdshrink.info[/small]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2004
  4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Thanks Denis.

5. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

No problem. ;)