1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto Installer deluxe

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Creation3, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Creation3

Creation3 Member

Hey guys I am trying to download AID. This is the process I went through and I am hoping someone can tell me what I did wrong. Ok I download the file from mininova.com using bittorent 6.0. When the download was complete I right clicked my completed download and chose open containing folder. The window that it opened contained 22 files with the same name aid41, all of these were exactly the same size 48,829kb. There were also 5 other files in the folder ( the manuel, a MSInfo document, one that said torrent downloaded from..., changelog text doc, and a .SFV file)So I right clicked one of the aid41 files and chose extract to aid41\. It then create a new folder called aid41. I clicked on that and the tutorial I was reading said that in that file should be the iso along with some other things and that the iso should be 578,894 kb. There is a file called Auto Installer Deluxe v4.10 that is 578,894kb but it is a winrar file (the icon shows a stack of books). I don't think that is supposed to happen and whenever I click on it a message says the archive is either in unkown format or damaged. I tried downloading it again but got the same thing. PLEASE HELP!!

2. corn

corn Guest

Some of the files may be like .001. Open those with Winrar. Sometimes files get damaged. Thats why .SFV files come in handy, but thats another story. Try opening the other .rar files.

3. Creation3

Creation3 Member

they will open by why will that help I need to get my iso out of winrar format

4. corn

corn Guest

Drag and drop the ISO onto your desktop.

5. Creation3

Creation3 Member

I did but know I just have the iso in winrar format...cept now it's on my desktop.

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

The .iso file is an image.

Use my HDD upgrade tutorial to show you how to burn an ISO file...

7. Creation3

Creation3 Member

ok I finally got it on my xbox. I downloaded xbmc and the unleashed X background that has the blue x with the icons around it but when I boot up my xbox it still goes to the default dash and I have to acess them under aplications. How do I make them boot automatically?

8. Iconaw1

Iconaw1 Member

Read the instructions in the AID 4.10 manual it will tell you how to make XBMC your default dashboard (if that is what you want) you basically delete your default dash you have now and then reinstall the default dash you want. The AID 4.10 disk will do it all for you. I’m a little confused tho, because when you say default dashboard to me that means the original Xbox dash and as far as I know it does not have an applications feature.

9. Creation3

Creation3 Member

Sorry I mean the default unleashed X dashboard you know the red one that appears when you first do the mod.

10. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Default dash locations change depending on whether you have a Mochip or Softmod.

Tell AID to install to E:\ for Softmods!

Tell AID to install to C:\ for Modchips!

11. Creation3

Creation3 Member

When your in auto installer deluxe there are several different places to download XBMC but which one do I go through in order for it to be my dash?

12. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

I replied to your other thread!