1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto start in Recovery Menu...Is it bricked?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by flyaway09, Jan 16, 2008.

1. flyaway09

flyaway09 Member

I've searched, but don't seem like anyone is in the same situation as me.

Everytime I start my PSP, it starts with M33 Recovery Menu/Main menu. I am not sure why and I am not holding R and turn the power on. If I exit and start a game, then click on Home, I won't be able to select YES/NO to get to the mainscreen.

It shows that I am using 3.51 firmware. Any thoughts of what is happening or how to fix it?

Thanks!!!

2. pogi1100

pogi1100 Regular member

Ya I guess it is semi-bricked...
    Follow this guide and everything should go back to normal.
    It may also be a bug in 3.51 M33... I recommend you upgrade and stay at 3.71 M33-4.

3. flyaway09

flyaway09 Member

pogi1100,

Thanks for your guidance. I was able to use the instruction to upgrade to firmware 3.71 M33. However, when I start my PSP, it still go to Recovery menu. Also, when I started a game and want to exit it by click on home key, I can't select yes or press X/O.

Volume keys work, but the rest of the buttons still navigate throught the menu of the game in the ground of screen "Do you want to quit the game?"

Any other suggestion?

4. pogi1100

pogi1100 Regular member

It's probably a hardware problem... I'm not sure what you should do. Maybe you should try opening it up and see if the buttons are correctly aligned. Be careful while doing it though...

Oh btw, how did you upgrade your 3.52 M33 into 3.71 M33? Did you use Pandora or update program? If you used the update program then use Pandora method and see if it still boots to recovery when turned on without holding on R-Trigger.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  5. uprince10

uprince10 Member

i have the same problem and also when i am browsing with my psp the keys have erro like when i want to press a key twice to go to the next letter i can and if i press select it continues to space without stoping and also my psp cannot detect my memory stick again.pls anyone help i will really appreciate it my email is (uprince100@yahoo.com).