1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AutoGK and Family Guy

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by murder1, Feb 19, 2008.

1. murder1

murder1 Member

Hey all.

I spent yesterday "DVD Decrypting" the episodes off my Family Guy DVDs, but I'm having a little issue with the resulting quality of the episodes when converted using AutoGK.

I've set the width to 512x384 (4:3), the audio to 128Kbit VBR MP3, and the size to 175MB, however the quality is never as good as the episodes you can find elsewhere. In a window the quality is practically perfect, however when I set the video to fullscreen mode the quality suffers, and is noticeably worse than the aforementioned other episodes.

Does anyone have any recommended settings they wish to share, or perhaps any advice as to how I can make a better-quality "rip"?

Sorry if this has been covered before. I did skim through about 7 or so pages of search results and couldn't find anything in particular.

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

if theres four episodes on the DVD then puttting it on a dvd-5 is going to be crappy quality(to much compression) try putting two episodes each on two dvd-5s or use a DVD+R DL to do the complete DVD

heres some better options for software

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/622748

3. Kratos77

Kratos77 Guest

Yeah I tried compressing three movies together using convertxtodvd and when I played back the DVD on my player it would play and stop back and forth repeatedly. It's just better to burn one to two hours worth of media at a time on each DVD for best quality unless using a dual layer DVD. Then you can get twice that with good quality.