1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

autogk shrunk xvids playing in philips dvp642

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by dubz, Jan 21, 2007.

1. dubz

dubz Member

sometimes i have to shrink my xvids slightly if im trying to fit a whole season of a tv show onto one dvd.

this always works fine, but the only question i have is that the shrunk output file from auto gk always makes the video to where i have to push the "system menu" twice on the remote to get the picture clear. this isnt tht big of a deal for me, but in case i lose my remote it would be nice to make them so this isnt necessary.

is anyone has a dvp642 you probably know what imtalking about, for some reason with certain divx or xvid files it plays and the colors are all screwy looking sort of like tiles or mosaic looking, then you hit the system menu 2 times and it goes back to normal.

anyways does anyone know how to solve this or why it happens. ive screwed with the settings to just about tanything i can think of and it still comes out like that. thanks!

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

That player uses an ESS chipset. As long as you have ESS compatibility enabled, there shouldn't be a problem.

3. dubz

dubz Member

thanks but i looked at all the options in auto gk and i dont see anything referring to ESS so i dunno.

4. ulaughin2

ulaughin2 Member

(thanks but i looked at all the options in auto gk and i dont see anything referring to ESS so i dunno.)

You need to uninstall AutoGK and reinstall it. At the VERY BEGINNING of the setup, you will see a list (with checkboxes) of 'options'. At the bottom of that list are two 'standalone compatibility' UNCHECKED boxes. You need to put a checkmark in the ESS box.

5. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

I believe that you can also enable it in the hidden settings or by creating a file with a certain name (can't remember what) in the autogk dir.