1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AutoGK taking a loooong time

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by BPMead007, May 15, 2007.

1. BPMead007

BPMead007 Member

I started running autogk for a ~4 gig vob file last night. I went to sleep, woke up, went to school, came home and checked on it. The last activity was midnight last night, testing compressability. I thought it might have frozen but I can drag it around the screen and the buttons react when I mouse-over them. Is it supposed to take this long. I think it's been around 16 hours now.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Whan I use AutoGK, the time needed (codec = DivX and everything set to auto) is less then twice the movie's length.
    Did you install everything (AviSynth and such)? Which codec did you use?

Ah, you said:
    I started running autogk for a ~4 gig VOB file last night.

AutoGK's use is to convert a DVD into AVI, and it starts by loading the IFO (and, with it, IFO's VTS). VOB size is irrelevant: the relavant variable is movie's length only. If the time to perform a DVD5 ---> AVI conversion is T, the time to perform a DVD9 ---> AVI conversion is the same, provided the DVD5 is the same DVD9 movie ('shrinked' with DVD Shrink into a DVD5).

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  3. BPMead007

BPMead007 Member

I installed everything and used DivX but the rest of that might as well have been in Chinese for me.

Well here's the whole story:
    I ripped a movie in "single file mode" with DVD decrypter because I was having trouble joining AVIs together with VDubMod. So I just got one VOB file out of it. I've tried using Super to convert files like this, but using a bitrate calculator to set the correct kbps often results in a file that is well over 700 mb. So I tried using AutoGK to convert the single VOB I ripped from the DVD but it got stuck on testing compressability.

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I cannot why you got stuck, unless it's a DVD Decrypter fault.
    So I do this proposal:
    - download DVD Fab HD Decrypter ( http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm ). It's free, constantly updated (how did you manage to rip DVDs with DVD Decrypter which, from many years, isn't being updated?) and simple to use. You just have, on 'common settings' ---> protection, to tell DVD Fab HD Decrypter which DVD region are you in (1: US, 2: JPN + Europe + ... , 3: Asia + ... , and so on), to remove RCE.
    - use AutoGK on DVD Fab HD Decrypter's ouput set.

You can use DVD Fab HD Decrypter either on 'Full Disc' or on 'Main Movie' mode and, if the DVD has many movies (or has a multi-angle movie), you'll have to choose which one to rip from the disc.
    When I use AutoGK on DVD Fab HD Decrypter's output , I never get stuck.
    Good work...

Last edited: May 18, 2007