1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AutoGk wont get Resolution correct

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Rydis, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Rydis

Rydis Regular member

I seem to be having problems making AutoGK encode to the correct resolution. I have tried it on auto width, I tried fixed, and setting both max and min widths, I have set the AR to forced 4:3. I have also tried setting different output sizes. I am uninstalled and even reinstalled. However, no matter the resoulution input, the ending resolution is always 384:224. Any idea whats going on?

2. attar

attar Senior member

Is this the same video each time?.
    AGK does a compression test and I think that if it decides the quality of the output is going to be too low, then it overrides any setting to give what it considers the optimal result.
    If you examine the log file, you will see this compression test and I think it aims for something in the 80% range, but I cannot interpret them.That's a Google job.

3. Rydis

Rydis Regular member

no, I have tried various different videos. I have tried making one 30 minute show 1/3 of a dvd and even used target size = 100%. But same problem no matter how long or big the video is.