1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automated Xbins downloader

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by nki00, Nov 27, 2008.

1. nki00

nki00 Regular member

Hi everyone:

The "Textbook 2008 - Hacking the Xbox 360 for Noobs" says,
    That gives the link that is bad. Can someone tell me where can I download this "automated Xbins downloader"?

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

here

just click on 5_xbins.exe.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

If you can't get auto xbin downloaders to work use mIRC its free to use,and not hard at all to learn.In fact I would recommend using it instead.

5. mrgreaper

mrgreaper Regular member

thankyou that helped me out no end too :)

6. nki00

nki00 Regular member

Yeah, thanks! 5_xbins.exe seems to work much faster than previous xbins :)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  7. mrgreaper

mrgreaper Regular member

could someone pin this please

8. y2kyu

y2kyu Member

Sorry to bring up a semi-old thread, but I am not able to xbins. I'm using the 5_xbins.exe mentioned above. It starts up and gets to "Connecting to distribution.xbins.org ..." then tells me "Unable to connect".

Any other suggestions? TIA!

9. foolios

foolios Member

This should help you:

http://360mods.net/index.php?name=Downloads&get=29

10. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

same link as i posted above.

11. charlie25

charlie25 Member

Guess I'm a NOOB:

I am trying to download the flash file for my Xbox 360. I have been reading this and other threads to find out how to do it. According to the subscribers here all I need is Ground Zero automated Xbins downloader. I have downloaded 2 versions of this app. One is the GUI that Ground Zero says is a one click connect and the other is the command line interface. I have not been able to get either of these apps to connect, they just sit there and say 'connection failed' or 'connecting to xbins, please be patient', respectively. Both apps say these statements over and over for 2 hours each. I cannot seem to be able to install the GUI, I have to run the exe file every time I want to open the file, maybe this is the problem. I have made sure that my firewall is disabled.

I have also installed mIRC which one of the subscribers to this thread says is free. I seems to be connecting but says that I am not registered. When I try to register it says I need to pay 20 dollars, maybe I am not installing properly to use for free. Please help. It also says my nickname is being used but when I subscribed it accepted my first and second nicknames.

12. nki00

nki00 Regular member

Go to 360mods.net and look for Xbins (it might be on the front page).
    Here's the link for now:
    http://www.360mods.net/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=29

Before running it make sure that your third-party anti-virus/firewall program (stuff like Norton, Macafee, etc.) know about you running Xbins because they may block it as well. There's no uniform way to do it, but the sure way would be to probably disable them.

Also in XP go to Control Panel -> Windows Firewall and make sure that if it's ON, the "Don't allow exceptions" box is not checked. Then switch to Exceptions tab and see if xbins is in the list and is checked. If not, you can add it there. As for Vista, I'm not using that piece of crap, so it might have some of it's own issues.

This one-click xbins from 360mods should do just that -- open after one click. What you'll see first is a command-type window that should do some connecting for maybe half a minute and then a GUI app should open up. When ready you should see files in one of the panes, which you'll be able to browse thru and drag onto your PC.

Last edited: May 17, 2009