1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automatic isn't so in Vision;

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by bruddap, Feb 28, 2007.

1. bruddap

bruddap Member

I've been using Vision in XP for a while and the auto fit to disc funtion always gave me a nrg that fits on a regular 4+ gig DVD.
    Now with Vista and Nero 7, with some avi's, I get another file with my nrg that sometimes excedes a gig and a half making it not fit the disc. It's a 001 file(I deleted them and I can't find one right now to tell you exactly what the file is).
    Does this sound familiar to anyone?
    When I decrease the size of the avi to standard plus, it fits and the other file doesn't even show up in the nrg folder.
    I'm bloody confused.
    If it's supposed to be automatic how come it isn't?
    Thanks for any help.

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

The .nrg in an image file--what are you using to look "In the folder"?

This 001 file is 1.5G in size and you don't know what it is? If it were to be a .vob file, you could put into NeroVision and look at it.

You might try posting your NeroHistory log and remove your serial numbers. Vista is new and there hasn't been much experience with it yet. It treats DRM issues different from XP, and possibly this is one of them, but I don't know.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  3. bruddap

bruddap Member

The folder is just the destination that I've designated Vision to place the nrg in. It's that folder that the .001
    file appears in.
    I can open the nrg with an iso buster type program and look at the VTS files but those are in the nrg not the .001 file.
    This file is seperate.
    I have an example;
    The two files for this movie are;
    Lord of War.nrg.001 (This one was only 26,849KB)
    then there's the regular nrg file that's 4,194,304KB
    This one I can fit to a disc, but lke I said ealier, sometimes the .001 file can get up over a gig or two.
    I hope this makes sense.
    Thanks

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

OK, change the name of the file so you don't get them confused and then remove the .001 extension. Then drop the .nrg file into ShowTime to see what it is.

5. bruddap

bruddap Member

As soon as I get another one I'll try that.
    I re-rendered everything at reduced quality and got nrgs in the 3.8 gig range without the pesky .001 files appearing in the folder.
    Thanks
    (still set to automatic 'fit to disc' doesn't)

6. bruddap

bruddap Member

I'm really sorry for double posting here, but I rendered an avi and got one of those .001 files with my nrg.

OK, so I tried deleting the .001 file and was able to drag the nrg into Showtime and it plays, but when I try and burn the nrg in Express without the .001 file in the folder I get a box that asks me to select the foreign image settings.